CHINAINSIGHT (CI) is published monthly ((except July/August and November/December are combined) by China Insight, Inc., an independent, privately owned company started in 2001 and headquartered in the Twin Cities area of Minnesota.
CHINAINSIGHT is the only English-language American newspaper to focus exclusively on connections between the United States and the People’s Republic of China (PRC).
Our goal is to develop a mutual understanding of each other’s cultures and business environments and to foster U.S.-China cultural and business harmony.
Each issue of the newspaper will include many articles in the following areas of interest:
§ Arts & Culture
§ Community Events
§ Science & Technology
§ Government & Politics
In addition to publishing the newspaper, China Insight, Inc. also promotes or sponsors events that foster U.S.-China cultural and business harmony. Our goal is to build on these accomplishments and expand the type of service we can provide to those who are interested in fostering U.S.-China culture and business.
CHINAINSIGHT has been successful in accomplishing the following
§ Collaborated with the Chinese Heritage Foundation in establishing the free annual A Passage to China in 2008, which has become one of the largest attended events at Mall of America that promotes Chinese history, culture and customs through interactive activities for all ages.
§ Planned and hosted forums on how to do business in China Developed a relationship with a WTO Training delegation from Zhejiang, China, to promote business relationships between Zhejiang and Minnesota
§ Sponsored events held by the Chinese American Association of Minnesota, Asian Media Access, Dragon Festival and the China Center at the University of Minnesota
§ Sponsored and partnered with the Minnesota Timberwolves to promote all Timberwolves and Houston Rockets games featuring Yao Ming since 2002, resulting in the Timberwolves’ sponsorship of a China Expo at the Target Center in March 2004
§ Assisted and accompanied Governor Jesse Ventura on the trade mission to China in 2002
Present Distribution Overview:
CHINAINSIGHT coverage has two facets: business and culture. On the business side, the newspaper targets businesses and business leaders with connections to China. On the cultural side, it focuses on all readers, regardless of heritage, with an interest in understanding some aspect of China. These two groups make for a large, well-educated readership. Our distribution goal is to reach that readership.
CHINAINSIGHT is free and is distributed in the metropolitan area of Minneapolis-St. Paul, Minnesota, to the following establishments:
- Businesses with international operations or aspirations:
- Minnesota Trade Office
- St. Paul Companies
- Target Corporation
- Target Center
- Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport
- Educational institutions:
- Local hotels
- Asian and Chinese community focal points:
- Community centers
- Special organizations:
- Children's Home Society of Minnesota
- China Outreach Ministries
- China Hospitality Center
- Chinese language schools
- Minnesota State Office Building
CHINAINSIGHT is also mailed to subscribers and available online at www.chinainsight.info.
In the Twin Cities, we estimate the number of potential readers to be well over 50,000:
- Direct business involvement: 9,000 plus
- China is now one of Minnesota's largest trading partners with over US$1.2 billion in manufactured exports in 2005, an increase of over US$480 million over 2004.
- Arts and cultural interest: 6,000 plus
- From tourism to exchange programs to T’ai Chi, a variety of groups offer Minnesotans a chance to experience part of China and its cultural heritage.
- Student interest: 5,000 plus
- University students are studying Chinese in greater numbers and Minnesota boasts the largest pre-university Chinese language education program in the United States.
- Ethnic Chinese community: 25,000 plus
- The Twin Cities metro area has a rapidly growing Chinese/Chinese-American population.
- Adoptive family interest: 3,000 plus
- The state of Minnesota has greater per capita international adoption from China than any other state.
CHINAINSIGHT’s goal is to ensure all copies are read with interest. Effective circulation goes hand in hand with the quality of the newspaper, and we will cooperate with any advertisers who are interested in reaching our unique reader.
Number of copies printed per month: 3,000
China Insight provides an uncluttered environment in which you can promote your product or service.
Advertising Rate with China Insight:
Inside B/W Ad Rate per Issue
1/16 page (2 ½” W by 3 ¾” H) $125.00
1/8 page (5” W by 3 ¾ H”) $175.00
1/6 page (5 ” W by 5” H) $225.00
1/4 page (5” W by 7” H) $275.00
1/2 page (10” W by 7” H) $425.00
Or (5” W by 14” H ) $425.00
Full Page (10” W by 15” L) $725.00
SEE NEXT PAGE FOR RATES FOR ADS THAT
MAY BE PLACED ON OUR WEBSITE
* Effective date of rates, October 1, 2015
· Only Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word, TIFF and JPEG files are accepted. The resolution of any image files should be over 300 dpi;
· Design/Compose Fee: Free for less than ½ hour; $75 per hour otherwise;
· Inserts: $0.24 per copy;
· Front Color Page add 100%, Size Limit 1/6 page (10” x 2 ½”) bottom banner only;
· Back Color Page add 50%;
· Center Color pages: add 25%;
· Accept prepaid cash, check or money order;
· Make check payable to: China Insight
· CHINAINSIGHT reserves the right to refuse advertising.
Ads running 6 or more times eligible for a frequency discount of 10%.
Total discount will be credited on the 6th ad.
· Space reservations and copy due:
15th of preceding month
· Client supplied Ad files due:
20th of each month
· Copy for Ads requiring proofs due:
20th of each month
· Corrections or changes on proof ads due:
20th of each month
Optional Advertising on website
Pay Long Term Advertising Contracts in advance and Save!
Studies show that consistent advertising gets results. Become a long-term advertiser with China Insight, pay in advance, and you save money! China Insight grants one free ad if the advertising is paid in full ahead of time or a 5% cash discount for a minimum of 6 consecutive advertisements.
15% commission of the gross billing is paid to accredit advertising agencies providing camera-ready material and insertion orders. Commission is forfeited if payment is not timely paid.
Any advertising resembling editorial material is subject to review by Publisher and may have to be identified as “Paid Advertising” within the advertisement.
Advertisements that are composed at your request by China Insight but not published, is subject to a 25% composition charge of the reserved space. Cancellation of an advertisement must be received 30 days prior to publication otherwise must be paid.
Contracts canceled before completion or for non-payment will be short rated at the frequency rate then in effect at time of cancellation and advertiser agrees to pay the difference.
Late Payment Charges
All advertisements, including space reservations, will be billed on a monthly basis, if not paid in full. If the payment is late, a late fee of 1 ½% will be added each month, and all further advertising will be suspended.
Gregory J. Hugh
Rev. 03142016 download from here.